Saturday 18 March 2017

Not a Happy Bunny

After several months of tribulations my main PC is back and has basically been renewed completely inside, and on the plus side it seems to be a bit faster than the old insides, yes they took off all my programmes but I have got most of them back, the important ones at least.

Three days ago my printer went duff, the print head for the black ink just wouldn't work, of course before I found this out I wasted another ink cartridge thinking, as you would, that it had run out of ink. No, it was duff, it simply refused every attempt of mine to make it print black. I bought a new one. I got it delivered the next day and during lunch I set it up and hit the Wireless Wizard so he could do his stuff.

Flashing lights and a warning that there was a printer problem was the result of the Wiz's efforts, the printer just refused to go any further. I got Hewlett Packard on chat, which I think is great by the way, and a nice girl called Maria took control and after an hour and a half still hadn't got the printer to work Wireless. I told her it works with the USB cable so stuff the Wireless I was going back to the future, she wanted to keep trying but I was losing the will to live, so I thanked her and off I went. You ever notice that the Wizards employed by all these programmes wouldn't get past the gates of Hogwarts.

This morning I was about to send some maps off to the publisher when I was notified that the files were corrupt, I checked the other folders and they are all OK, only the one set of maps had been eaten up and thankfully they are not complicated but I will still have to do them again. So I now have a quandary, is it just those files that the Gremlins ate or is it the drive, I checked the drive, or got the computer to do it and it said everything was Jim Dandy, but it isn't obviously. I now have to put a couple of hours aside to redo these maps, as I said, not a happy bunny.

I march at dawn tomorrow morning, or dawnish as I travel over to Yorkshire for a day's gaming, I am just about to get my army sorted out, I am taking the Patricians and expect some serious opposition. I believe only six of us have answered the call from Michael and Simon, but I will be happy getting a couple of games out of it.

Right, slightly calmer now I have got my frustrations down on print, must dash.

6 comments:

  1. The computer saga just rolls on and on.... Enjoy your games tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usual, the Gremlins know exactly when you haven't backed the bleedin' thing up and that's when they strike.
      Surely that's it now.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I hope you have better luck in Yorkshire, George?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say I have to pick a date for my Triumph Ray.

      Delete
  3. George, I don't trust hard drives as far as I can throw them. Back the rest of your stuff up today. They're treacherous beasties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not over it, thankfully there were only four maps and not complex ones, back to the drawing board tomorrow.

      Delete