Wednesday 14 January 2015

A Difficult Decision


I was hoping to put up an AAR today as I attended the local club last night, however the lads running the game did not turn up, not before I decided to head for home at least. I suspect this was due to the inclement weather and they would not have wanted stuck in Lancaster and been unable to get home. It is always worse on the edge of the Lakes than here around Morecambe Bay, albeit was still a miserable night. I was offered an opening in a Chain of Command game, but, at the risk of alienating the small number of readers I do have, I do not like it, it isn’t just me either, there is a guy in Yarmouth I believe. Anyway, on the drive home I decided to put my Wars of the Roses army up for sale, they don’t get out very often and I have to be brutally honest and say even if they did, Poleaxed 2 is not the most popular of rulesets. It cannot be argued that they do not do the period justice, but they are boring in that once you have arrayed your army, the battle pretty much takes care of itself. On the plus side, it will give me cash and storage room for another army, I suspect only wargamers see the rationale behind that.

One of very few outings.

A refight of Bosworth.

2 comments:

  1. These are very nice figs, you´ll sell them in no time. Love the flags/heraldry. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sadly my target buyer has more than enough medievals on his books at the moment. No big deal though, I am not desperate to get rid of them, just being practical.

      Delete